Heat embossing is a fun project that you can do with your kids. You can use these designs for your scrapbooks or personalized holiday cards. It’s very easy to do and requires minimal effort and tools.
Here’s what you need:
- Rubber stamp
- Heating gun
- Scrap paper
- Card stock
- Embossing ink
- Embossing powder
Follow these easy steps:
- Choose a rubber stamp. Press the rubber stamp onto the ink. Make sure that the rubber stamp is fully covered with the ink. Press the rubber stamp about three times on the ink pad.
- Press the stamp on the card stock or any paper that you are using to the desired position that you want.
- Place the card stock above the scrap paper. Sprinkle the design with the embossing powder. Make sure that you coat every part of the design. Be generous with the embossing powder.
- Place the card vertically over the scrap paper to remove the excess embossing powder. Tap gently.
- Get your brush and remove any other extra embossing powder around the image. Be careful not to brush over the design.
- Get your heating gun to set or melt the embossing powder. Hold it a short distance away from the image. Make sure that all sides are evenly heated by sweeping it back and forth over the design. Do this until you see that the powder has melted or has changed texture. Set aside.
- Put the excess embossing powder on the scrap paper back into the bottle for future use. To make this task easier, be sure to fold the scrap paper prior to dumping the excess embossing powder so that it will be easier to transfer the powder to the bottle. You’re done!
Tips on Embossing
- There are a lot of kinds of embossing powder. You can choose from pearlized, metallic, glitter or even perfumed. You can also choose matte, shiny, distressed or antique.
- There are three types of embossing powder – regular, extra fine and ultra thick. If you’re a beginner, regular embossing powder will do. You can use this in a wide variety of projects. Extra fine can be used to emboss very fine detail. The ultra thick one is used for really big and chunky rubber stamps.
- The best colors to start with are black, red, silver and gold. You can use these colors in most of your craft projects.
- Be careful when using your heat guns. There are different types of heat guns depending on the way they direct heat. Some heat guns can cause your paper to catch fire. Choose one that you are comfortable using.
- As for the stamps, you can use any stamp that you have.
Embossing is a great way to liven up a project. It’s fast, easy and very affordable. Its something that you can teach your kids to do to develop their creativity.
Guest blogger: This article has been written by compare franking machine, your best place for franking quotes.